Saturday, June 09, 2007

I am such a big loser and a big freak

Knitting world, I give knitters a bad name.

You know the stereotype that knitters are homey people? Well, it's due to me.

It's 10:33 on Saturday night (darn, I missed "10:15 on a Saturday Night" by a mere 18 min...can anyone guess that song??). I'm sitting here blogging on my knitting blog about my activities.

What am I doing?

OK, admittedly I'm not knitting.

I am doing laundry. Laundry.

On a Saturday night. At 10:30 pm. While DH is having a Man's Night Out.

What kind of a loser freak am I, really?

Well, I'm practical. We have the great misfortune and fortune to live in an apartment complex. Which means I do my laundry in a public facility with two washers and two dryers. The practical side of me loves this -- I can get double the laundry done in half the time. Er, more technically, I can get double the laundry done in the same amount of time.

Anyway. Point is, I can do four load in the time it takes my single-family-home friends to do 2 loads. DD is down. DH is out. I'm not in the mood to watch a movie. I'm not in the mood to knit. I didn't get laundry done today. I was wide awake about 45 min ago. And here I sit waiting for the laundry to finish.

I hope it finishes soon. I'm tired.

At least tomorrow it's one chore down. At least.

And then I can get back to my knitting...if I ever find a pattern to suit me. Netter and Bells keep inspiring me, though. Keep those pics coming!

5 comments:

Amy Lane said...

You're fine, darling. I'm blogging and feeling guilty because i'm NOT doing my laundry... you're way is better, trust me...

Bells said...

you know what, the mood doesn't strike to get chores done too often, so when it hits, no matter the time, I take advantage. The mood has just struck you at an odd time, that's all. Go for it!

You'll be a freak though if you start telling us every Saturday night is spent like this. That's when we'll have to get the freak police onto you.

Heidi said...

Hey, when you work a bazillion hours a week, sometimes Saturday night is the only time you can get laundry done! Actually, my husband does mine for me, but I was home alone last night: knitting and reading blogs and watching "The African Queen" and not feeling one bit guilty for doing it!

Saren Johnson said...

Let's see. You're married with a child. You work at least 40 hours a week. You spend time playing with said child. :) Some where in the mix time has to be found to shop, cook, clean and do laundry. I'd ask for a raise or a maid.

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a freak loser too. I also did laundry while my DH was having a Guys Night Out. But it was Friday night for me. On Saturday night, I fell asleep on the couch at 11pm while watching a movie. I don't mind being this boring actually.